Andy has been a community volunteer for decades
In 2018 Andy volunteers as:
- Britannia Heritage Shipyard Society (Chair)
- Richmond Hospital Stakeholder Relations Committee
- Tourism Richmond Board (Director
- Richmond Inter Cultural Advisiory Committee
- Steveston Salmon Festival Committee
- Canadian Cancer Society
In the past, Andy has been an elected school trustee, the President of the Richmond Swim Club (Kigoos), member of the Richmond Community Foundation and has coached school and community teams for basketball, soccer and baseball.
"Volunteer work is the cornerstone of a healthy, vibrant and engaged community. I believe strongly that volunteers are a fundementally important part of any community."